August 15, 2017
Many people avoid addressing difficult issues with their boss for fear of risking their career or coming off as ungrateful. Following these guidelines for difficult conversations with your manager, however, can actually strengthen your relationship and get you the results you’re looking for.
1. Ask to set aside time for an important conversation.
2. Explain the situation and content.
3. Frame the conversation gracefully.
4. State your issue.
5. Ask for their perspective.
6. Arrive at a mutual understanding.
7. Arrive at a resolution.
Learn how by signing up for Handling Difficult Conversations