Our Simple Approach to Customized Training and Development
Top-performing professionals value an environment of continuous learning, so investing in their growth is key to their retention. In addition, customers expect more every day, so a highly skilled and responsive workforce is essential to business retention and growth. UMD Continuing Education is your resource for employee training and development – delivered where and when it’s most convenient for your world of work!
Analyze Needs and Consult: Through a comprehensive needs assessment, we identify the relevant and measurable training objectives that meet your organization’s desired outcomes. We also learn about the participant group – their current understanding of the topic(s), their career experience, observed knowledge/skill gaps, etc. We determine the optimal delivery method given the work environment and culture, and then specially select instructors for their real-world experience and professional influence (not just for their subject matter expertise).
- Deliver Proposal: We provide an initial training recommendation which includes a program overview, learning objectives, outlined agenda, and fee.
- Design and Develop Content: Our program development team works with subject matter experts to develop a custom program for your employees. We combine relevant subject matter with activities and discussion giving participants the opportunity to practice learning immediately. This fuels engagement, increases the probability that the learning sticks, and ensures your organization benefits from your training investment.
- Deliver and Evaluate: Programs are delivered when, where, and in the format that best suits the participants and work environment. We can provide online learning to meet personal schedules and learning paces, face-to-face programs allowing learners to interact with other professionals seeking to enhance similar skill sets, or in a blended fashion (in-person workshops supplemented with online learning).
- Report Outcomes and Follow-up: Going back to the initial objectives identified, we measure the program’s impact and provide a report of the program outcomes and recommended next steps for the participant group.
Examples of programs that can be customized and delivered on site:
- Leadership Development
- Succession Planning: Identifying tomorrow’s leaders
- Essential Skills for New Supervisors
- Business Acumen & Financial Analysis
- Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-awareness, social awareness, self-regulation, and relationship management
- Team Building
- Change Management
- Conflict Management
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Management
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication: Communicating with clarity, tact, and credibility
- Negotiation, Persuasion & Influence
- Public Speaking & Presentations
- Planning & Managing Effective Meetings
- Effective Listening
- Business Writing
- Generations in the Workplace
- Diversity/Respect in the Workplace
- Customer Experience Management
- Sales (customized by topic)
- Project Management
- LEAN, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control
- K-12 Teacher Professional Development
- Behavioral Health
- Talent Assessments
- Custom Online Course Development
- Computer Workshops (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and more)
Contact us today to learn how we can tailor training to your organization’s specific needs. Our effective and practical solutions will enhance your operational efficiency and empower your workforce!
Amy Galbraith, Customized Training Manager